Irish Coffee is one of Irelands most famous drinks and one of the best Irish Coffee spots in the US is San Francisco’s famed Buena Vista. According to the bar’s history, in the early 1950’s, the combined efforts of the former owner, a travel writer and the mayor of San Francisco, a dairy owner, resulted in the successful re-creation of the Irish original.
If you’re in the neighborhood, stop by. If not, why not recreate the famous recipe at home.
• Fill a glass with very hot water to preheat, then empty.
• Fill three-quarters of the glass with hot coffee and drop in 2 sugar cubes.
• Stir until sugar is dissolved.
• Add a jigger of Irish Whiskey (1.5 oz.)
• Top with a collar of 2 oz. whipped heavy cream by pouring it over the back of a spoon.
• Enjoy while piping hot
Have a great weekend!