What’s a great spot for a family vacation? Everyone asks me that question and today I’m sharing my new favorite answer…
My 6-year old daughter and I just returned from the brand new Nickelodeon Resort Punta Cana where young Nickelodeon fans and luxe resort loving parents can kick back and enjoy a five-star Caribbean beach vacation wrapped up in an easy to plan, all-inclusive experience. With gorgeous beaches and pools, plush accommodations, entertainment for all, five-star culinary experiences, pampering amenities and water park fun, Nickelodeon Resort Punta Cana is sure to please parents and kids alike. Here’s what you need to know…
Tips for Visiting Nickelodeon Resort Punta Cana
- BRING SMALL BILLS – Staying at an all-inclusive resort is the key to a relaxing family getaway for me as I can say “yes” to kiddie-coladas without calculating costs. Gratuities are included in the pricing but tips are always appreciated so be sure to stock up on small bills for drivers, housekeepers, bellhops and airport personnel. Tip: The Dominican Republic requires a $10 tourist card for each traveler (paid at the airport) so be sure to have cash on hand.
- SUITES ARE SWEET – From Pad Suites and Flats to Swim-Up Suites and SpongeBob’s signature villa, The Pineapple, the resort’s 208 suites are really amazing with spacious bathrooms (think double sinks and a free standing tub), complimentary WIFI, free phone calls and a fully stocked (all-inclusive) mini-bar. For pool loving families, the Swim-Up Suites are not to be missed. Tip: Bring pool floats, kickboards and swimmies.
- SUN PROTECTION IS A MUST – The Caribbean sun is super strong so be sure to bring along plenty of sunscreen, hats, rashguards and sunglasses for all. Beach cabanas can be reserved a day in advance and there are plenty of umbrellas around the lounge chairs at the beachfront infinity pool and Aqua Nick area. Tip: Lounge chairs at the infinity pool fill quickly so get there early if you can.
- BOOK THE CHARACTER BREAKFAST IN ADVANCE – If you’re visiting with kids (and I bet you will be), you will not want to miss this fun filled breakfast at Zest. This was our favorite meal and a great way to mix, mingle and dance with my daughter’s favorite Nickelodeon characters like SpongeBob, Dora and Paw Patrol. Tip: There are two versions each week so be sure to book the one with your kid’s favorite characters.
- BRING SOME TOYS AND SIPPY CUPS – For young kids, bring along some age appropriate toys and activities as these items are very pricey on site. Also, drinks are served to children in real glasses which is a plus for me but if you’re nervous about that, pack some sippy cups. Tip: The airport is approximately 45 minutes away so keep some toys handy for the ride.
- SET YOUR DINNER SCHEDULE IN ADVANCE – Many of the dinner restaurants require advance reservations so set these up at Spacewalker, Wok Wok and Verdello, the most wanted family friendly reservations. Tip: Be sure to order dessert at Spacewalker and have your camera ready when it arrives.
- MAKE THE MOST OF KARISMA’S GOURMET INCLUSIVE EXPERIENCE – From over-the-top breakfast selections, poolside dining, casual fare and 24-hour room service to themed restaurants, bars, lounges and adults only dining, make sure to sample the dozens of dining options. Tip: Don’t miss the Machete Burger at BRGRS.PH if you’ve got a hungry crew.
- CHECK OUT AQUA NICK AND JUST KIDDIN’ – Aqua Nick was by far my daughter’s favorite spot with its lazy river, pools, splash center, slides, water canyons, slimings and gigantic nose shower. The colorful Just Kiddin’ kids club was a close second with its giant toy collection, crafts area, video game zone and big orange slide that ends in a huge ball pit. Tip: You can’t arrive at Just Kiddin’ in wet bathing suits so dry off first and bring a change of clothes.
- STEAL SOME ADULT TIME – While the kids are enjoying all the fabulous kiddie offerings, parents can sneak away for some pampering at the 14,000 square foot Vassa Spa, one of the most beautiful spas I’ve ever seen. Tip: Book one of the outdoor massage services and be sure to leave time to enjoy the pools and sauna.
- SMILE FOR SOME AWESOME PHOTOS – The resort has so many gorgeous backdrops you will definitely want to capture the family on film. My favorite spots include the beachfront infinity pool, slime time, Aqua Nick and the beach. Vacations are a great time for professional photos and the Caribephoto team took some really great photos of my daughter so be sure to check them out to arrange a family photo shoot or just look for their photographers around the resort. Tip: Bring a GoPro or waterproof phone case to capture all the fun Aqua Nick moments.
For more details, read my Nickelodeon Resort Punta Cana review on TravelMamas.
What’s your favorite thing about the new Nickelodeon Resort Punta Cana? Tell me below in the comments.
Thank you to Nickelodeon Hotels & Resorts Punta Cana for hosting my stay. All opinions are mine, as always. If you don’t want to miss a post, subscribe to Globetrotting Mommy for daily updates!